Morrisons thanks army of colleagues with threefold increase in bonus for next 12 months
Full time colleagues will earn a bonus of £1,050 compared to around £350 average last year
The special bonus is the largest for frontline supermarket staff announced in recent weeks
Morrisons is recognising the huge effort by its colleagues who are helping to feed the nation during the coronavirus outbreak by increasing this year’s annual bonus payout threefold from last year.
Morrisons annual colleague bonus will become a ‘thank you’ bonus with the increase lasting for the next 12 months.
Because it will be a percentage of the entire year’s pay, frontline colleagues at Morrisons will see the largest special bonus of those announced over the last few weeks in the supermarket sector.
Morrisons colleagues have worked tirelessly to help meet demand and to thank them they will see these changes to the current bonus scheme:
- All frontline colleagues will receive a 6% bonus on their earnings for the next 12 months rather than just the next 8-12 weeks
- The changes represent a bonus payment of £1,050 for a full-time frontline colleague compared to the £351 that would have been paid last year
- The bonus will be guaranteed in recognition of the effort made by very hard working colleagues
- It will be paid quarterly so colleagues don’t have to wait until next year to be paid
- The bonus will continue to be paid as a percentage of actual earnings as per previous years
- Colleagues who are off sick or are self-isolating will remain eligible
- Both permanent and temporary colleagues will be eligible in recognition of the thousands of new colleagues who have joined Morrisons in recent weeks
Clare Grainger, Group People Director said: “Our highly valued colleagues have stood tall amidst the coronavirus pandemic, playing their full part in feeding the nation. We want to thank every single one of them for their continued hard work during these unprecedented times by paying a much higher guaranteed bonus for the whole year in recognition of their effort.”
Morrisons frontline salaried managers are also guaranteed to receive a bonus that will be twice their maximum yearly amount in a normal year, again guaranteed and paid quarterly.
The bonus overhaul is the latest change that Morrisons has put in place for its highly valued colleagues. Previous measures include paying extremely vulnerable and high risk colleagues 12 weeks paid leave to self isolate as well as paying 12 weeks paid leave to colleagues who live with someone who is high risk and extremely vulnerable. In store, perspex screens have been installed to protect colleagues and customers while paying for groceries at the checkouts and social distancing measures have been introduced.
- Ends -