Morrisons makes multi-million pound cafe investment as it welcomes customers back indoors
- Brand new menus include Morrisons ‘The Best’ products -
- £16 million invested in COVID safety measures and renovations -
- Customers can dine inside at cafés in England and Wales from May 17 -
Morrisons is launching a brand new menu in its cafés as it celebrates the latest phase of lockdown easing. In addition, over £16 million has been spent updating the decor across all 406 cafés and increasing coronavirus safety measures ahead of welcoming customers back indoors on May 17.
Customers can expect an improved dining experience from the cafés as well as a completely refreshed and healthier menu. Highlights include fresh fish and bread that comes directly from our Market Street counters, a separate vegetarian and vegan menu and the inclusion of Morrisons ‘The Best’ products.
Café classics like the Full Breakfast and Fish & Chips remain and new additions to the menu include:
- Fish Goujon Sandwich (£5.50) - Freshly prepared, using our Market Street fish with salad leaf and tartare sauce. Served in our Market Street ciabatta roll
- Afternoon Tea For Two (£12) - A selection of sandwiches, pork pies, cakes and fruit scones served with clotted cream and jam. All served with proper Yorkshire Tea
- Poached Eggs & Avocado (£3.75) - Two poached eggs with smashed avocado served on sourdough toast, baked fresh on our Market Street
- 3 Bean Chilli Burrito Bowl (£5.95) - Morrisons 3 Bean Chilli-Non-Carne and rice on a soft tortilla, with guacamole, salad leaf and a fresh lemon wedge
- Veggie Burger (£5.50) - Morrisons Veggie burger with a cheese slice, salad leaf, tomato and Morrisons burger sauce. Served in The Best Brioche Bun.
Morrisons cafés are an important part of the community, with many customers choosing to dine on a frequent basis each week and so significant measures have been taken to ensure customers feel safe to return.
New technology like the Order & Pay app has also been introduced allowing customers to order and pay at their tables via their own device and screens have been installed around all tables to turn them into booths. All indoor dining areas have been given a fresh lick of paint as part of the improvements and new outdoor furniture has been installed at 157 cafés.
Ali Lyons, Head of Cafés at Morrisons, said: “We’ve put a lot of effort and investment into welcoming our customers back in a safe environment. We are so excited for them to try our brand new menu which is made from Morrisons products and then freshly prepared by our café colleagues. Our new ‘Order & Pay’ app will also make it easier for customers to order directly from their booth and have the food delivered straight to their table.”
All 406 Morrisons cafés are now open with takeaways still available via the Morrisons app where customers can choose a convenient time slot to collect their food. To order a takeaway from a local Morrisons café and for more information, please visit Morrisons.com/cafe . In addition, Morrisons will have 93 Barista bars open from Monday too.
The crockery used to serve the food has also been updated and the old range will be rehomed by the store’s Community Champion.