Morrisons has launched seasonal veg boxes that are a fraction of the price of a typical delivered veg box.
Morrisons is offering an all-British supermarket vegetable box that costs a fiver. That compares to delivered veg boxes costing upwards of £13.75*. Morrisons.com shoppers can buy a wonky veg box for £3 for delivery with their shopping.
- The boxes are designed to make eating fresh food more affordable and the £5 box contains enough fresh British veg to feed a family of four for five days. It includes eight different seasonal vegetables such as carrots, onions, potatoes, cauliflower, and courgettes. The wonky veg box has similar amounts of produce that may be mis-shapen and may come from overseas.
- Morrisons £5 British Veg Box is the cheapest of its kind on the market, with the equivalent loose vegetables averaging £6.14 at the Big Four supermarkets.
- The launch follows a successful online trial earlier this year where the veg boxes sold at a rate of 2,000 in a week.
- Morrisons British Veg Box is sourced from over sixty trusted British growers in Cornwall, Lincolnshire, Suffolk and Yorkshire, who work closely with the supermarket’s buyers. Morrisons is the only supermarket that handpicks, scrubs and packs its vegetables at four sites around the country.
- Andy Todd, Vegetable Buyer at Morrisons, said: “We’ve listened to our customers who told us they want even more affordable veg. They are a great way for our customers to buy British or eat seasonally or feed the family for the week.”
- The Morrisons vegetable box range includes a British Veg Box for £5, a Wonky Veg Box for £3, and an Organic Veg Box for £8. The British Veg Box will be available at Morrisons stores nationwide from 28th September, whilst all veg boxes can be delivered to customers’ homes via an online shopping service from 2nd October.
- For more information on Morrisons veg box options, visit www.morrisons.com * Abel & Cole, All British Veg Box, Organic £12.50, delivery fee £1.25. Riverford Organic, Medium Veg Box (Organic) £13.95, delivery fee £0.