- Box weighs over 6kg and contains 50 portions of lean meat -
- Costs £45 including next day delivery -
Morrisons is launching a new Lean Meat Box – to help would-be gym goers continue to stay in shape, eat good quality and healthy protein, and keep kitchens stocked up during lockdown.
The 6kg box will feature 11 packs of Brits favourite meats - that’s 50 portions of chicken, beef, pork, turkey and bacon - all at under 5% fat.
The box is also ideal for families and couples that are looking to eat more low fat meat for less, or for individuals wanting to bulk buy and fill the freezer with British fresh meat.
Priced at £45, including next-day or nominated day delivery to doorsteps, the Morrisons Lean Meat Box works out at just 80p per serving - less than similar sized offerings from specialist online retailers.
A typical Morrisons Lean Meat Box will contain:
- Morrisons British Chicken Breast Fillets, 2kg
- Morrisons British Beef Medallion Steaks, 340g
- Morrisons British Beef Lean Mince 5% Fat, 525g
- Morrisons British Pork Mince 5% Fat, 500g
- Morrisons British Turkey Breast Steaks, 480g
- Morrisons British Chicken Mini Fillets, 600g
- Morrisons British 4 Beef Burgers 5% Fat, 454g
- Morrisons British 12 Beef Meatballs 5% Fat, 340g
- Morrisons Market St British Sweet Chilli Turkey Burgers, 454g
- Morrisons Reduced Fat Unsmoked Bacon 8 Rashers x 2 packs, 225g (450g total)
Tessa Callaghan Head of Food Boxes at Morrisons said: "Many of our customers are thinking about their health and fitness during lockdown. So we wanted to create a great value bulk box which was made from British lean fresh meat and which could be delivered right to their front door. They can be ordered alongside other food boxes - such as our Fresh Fruit and Veg Boxes - for a full and balanced diet.”
Over the course of the coronavirus pandemic, Morrisons has listened to customer feedback for more types of boxes and is continuing to respond to this. A Family Picnic Box for £20 has launched this week as families and friends begin to head out to enjoy socially distanced picnics in the sunshine. Morrisons now produces tens of thousands of food boxes a week. Customers can now choose from 22 varieties including; a Vegetarian Food Box, Gluten Free Food Box, BBQ Food Box, Assorted Fish Box and British Farmers Food Box. For more information, visit: morrisons.com/food-boxes.
The Morrisons Lean Meat Box is available to buy via www.morrisons.com/food-boxes now. Orders placed before 3pm can be delivered next day. Recipe inspiration from Morrisons chefs can be found at www.morrisons.com/content/recipes.